Sunday, November 8, 2009

What's the Opposite of Progress?

I don't know the word for it, but I've got a perfect example...



[Still living like a squatter.]



[But now I have this behemoth delivered to take up yet another room.]


[It's barely noticeable really.]
Now the obvious question is why don't I just put the giant mattress in my bedroom and sleep on it. And the obvious answer is this thing weighs about 500lbs. I carried it up the stairs (yes my stairs, the 5 flights of stairs) by myself and couldn't carry it another inch after that. So there it sits. Ready to disrupt my life until the frame is delivered. Which is the other reason I don't move it into my room yet. I'll just have to move it out again to set up the frame, and then back in. That's approximately 1000lbs of moving that I don't want to do.
So here we are, at an impasse... me not wanting to move the mattress, and the mattress not wanting to be moved. Who will win this stubborn battle of wits? Do I have the greater patience, or does the mattress? We may never know for sure.
But we do know for sure is that I am just now realizing that the bed frame, with two dressers, is arriving via UPS. I thought it was being delivered. But no... it's coming via UPS. Have you had the realization of why this is a monumental detail yet?
As I mentioned earlier, I live on the 5th floor. UPS delivers to the 1st floor.
Ouch.













No comments:

Post a Comment